Current Students: Listed below are the following:
1. Semester Schedule;
2. Rules for Lessons on Federal, State and Monday Holidays.
As always, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or at 907-947-5587.
You may also check the calendar for information on recital dates, recital warm-up times, class notifications and weather-related cancellations.
MATERIALS / REGISTRATION FEE
The $25.00 non-refundable materials fee covers the cost of music and theory books, cd projects, and additional materials (music assignment books, note-reading flashcards, xeroxed hand-outs, etc). As additional materials are required, I make purchases and apply the amount to the remaining balance. If any purchase amount exceeds the materials fee, I will discuss and approve further purchases with you. (This usually happens only in the case of a student who is advancing at a rapid pace.)
I am open to using previously purchased music, provided that I feel it addresses the needs of the student. Feel free to bring in music for me to look at so that we can arrive at a solution that meets the needs of everyone involved. Students using their own music are still required to pay the materials fee each semester.
THE STUDENT CONTRACT
Please read the student contract carefully, sign and return it to me. I will sign the contract, keep the original and provide you with a copy. Please feel free to speak with me if you have questions regarding the contract.
TUITION – FALL SEMESTER 2022 -- All Students Ages 5 - 18
Lessons are scheduled to begin Tuesday, September 2, 2022 and will run through Wednesday, December 14, 2022, for a total of 12-14 lessons. Please see the calendar for specific dates/weeks of lesson breaks.
The student contract states that no lesson will be taught without payment. I try to be as flexible as possible to cover contingencies; however, the following late fees will now be assessed for any late payments:
Weekly Payments – Payments received up to one week late will be assessed a late fee of $7.50, after which a late fee of $15.00 will be assessed. Payments later than one week must be brought current before regular lessons will be resumed and may result in the loss of the scheduled lesson time slot.
Monthly Payments – Payments received after the 10th day of each month will be assessed a late fee of $15.00.
Lessons missed by the student must be made up no later than the week following the week of the missed lesson. No more than one lesson missed by the student, for any reason, will be made up. No lessons will be made up after the end of the semester.
Please feel free to discuss the possibility of permanently changing a scheduled lesson time if you find it conflicts with other activities. All requests for schedule changes, weekly or permanently, are based upon my availability.
Full lesson payment is charged if you are away on vacation during a regularly scheduled lesson time during the semester. This payment will ensure that your lesson time is held for you.
Any lessons I must miss or reschedule will be made up. If I must cancel a lesson, arrangements will be made to reschedule the lesson during the week, or the week following the missed lesson. In the event of snow days that cause the cancellation of school, I will contact everyone by telephone to confirm that lessons that day will either be taught or cancelled.
FEDERAL HOLIDAYS and SCHOOL IN-SERVICE DAYS
Lessons will be held on all Monday holidays unless otherwise noted. Lessons will be held on state holidays and school in-service days unless otherwise noted.
CHANGES OF ADDRESS / TELEPHONE / E-MAIL / CREDIT CARD
Please be sure to keep me up to date regarding your current home address, your home and work telephone numbers, your e-mail address and your credit card number. This is imperative, especially during the winter months, when I will be contacting you regarding any weather-related schedule confirmations or announcements.
Please note that the Turnagain Arts Building, Turnagain Community Arts Alliance and Frozen Music Productions have instituted new rules for students and parents attending lessons in the Turnagain Arts Building. These rules have been put in place to protect students in the building before and after their lessons. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
1) Children under the age of 15 must be attended by a parent or responsible adult at all times. Turnagain Community Arts Alliance and Frozen Music Productions cannot be responsible for children left unattended in any area of the building.
2) If at all possible, please walk your child into the lesson rather than dropping him off. We have had several occasions in the building of children arriving for lessons at the wrong time or on the wrong day. Turnagain Community Arts Alliance and Frozen Music Productions cannot be responsible for children left unattended who have no scheduled lesson.
3) If I am asked to keep a waiting child in the teaching studio while teaching another student – or if I feel it is necessary to do so -- I will do so for 10 minutes, after which I will bill according to my regular half-hourly rate.
4) The Turnagain Arts Building has rules of conduct for students while they attend lessons. It is my intention to encourage students to enjoy themselves and their music. In lessons, we are frequently loud and very active. That is part of the fun; however, all activity is directed, managed, and geared toward the musical lesson. Outside of class, students are expected to conduct themselves quietly and with appropriate behavior.
5) There are three waiting areas for students: the kitchen, and the main waiting room (down the hall from my studio), and The Brooke Marston Recital Hall (upstairs). Students are not allowed, at any time, to wait in areas of the building outside of these three areas, or to wait in the parking lot.
6) All students are required to wash their hands before their piano lesson. Please make every effort to assist your child with this task, especially following after-school/pre-lesson snacks. I have anti-bacterial soap lotion in the studio and will ask your child to wash his/her hands in the studio if this has not been done prior to the lesson.
7) The Turnagain Arts Building is a non-smoking facility. At all times, any smoking on the premises must be done at least 50 feet away from any ground floor studio window and/or building entrance.
Frozen Music Productions reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.